[Trilinos-Users] Time Dependence in Piro - Rythmos - setting x_dot inArgs and time-domain outArgs solution

Salinger, Andrew agsalin at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 15 10:12:32 MDT 2011

Chris,

The Piro tests run Rythmos. The MockModelEval_A.cpp
sets up a time-dependent problem. The Solver test executables
run through 3 times for NOX, LOCA, and Rythmos.

The ModelEvaluator has a   get_x_dot_init  method, which
Rythmos will use to get the initial guess. You do not need
to call inArgs.set_x_dot directly.

There is an additional optional argument to the Piro Rythmos
solver constructor of a Rythmos Observer. This will get called
after every completed step and you can output the solution
there. There is not an example of this in Piro, but there should be.

Andy