[Trilinos-Users] row/col question re Epetra_FECrsMatrix::SumIntoGlobalValues

Neil N. Carlson nnc at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 9 14:09:58 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 19:46 +0000, Williams, Alan B wrote:
> The SerialDenseMatrix object internally contains its data in a flat 1-D array. It can be interpreted as a column-major (i.e. fortran ordering) or a row-major array depending on how the last argument 'format' is specified.

I guess the issue is that I'm not directly inserting the data into the
SerialDenseMatrix object's flat array, but using the () operator.  For
(i,j) the documentation describes i as being the row and j being the
column -- how the value is stored internally is opaque.  I see no
options to SerialDenseMatrix constructors that indicate a preference
for internal format.

-Neil