[Trilinos-Users] row/col question re Epetra_FECrsMatrix::SumIntoGlobalValues

Neil N. Carlson nnc at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 9 13:29:30 MDT 2011

For the particular version of Epetra_FECrsMatrix::SumIntoGlobalValues
that takes a Epetra_IntSerialDenseVector for the indices and a
Epetra_SerialDenseMatrix for the submatrix of coefficients, I'm
wondering how the values in the matrix, call it A, are used by the
method.  Is it indeed the case that the value A(i,j) is destined
to the element in the ith row (after mapping it through the
indices vector) and jth col of the FECrsMatrix?  I'm concerned
about a possible row/col swap (ala Fortran vs C index ordering)
misunderstanding on my part.

Thanks,
  Neil