[Trilinos-Users] How to change the row map of EpetraCrs matrix to achieve load balance ?

Erik Boman egboman at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 4 11:09:48 MDT 2011

The best way to load balance an Epetra matrix is to use the Isorropia
package:
  http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/isorropia/

Isorropia can balance either the rows or the number of nonzeros (which
corresponds to memory).
Isorropia uses the partitioning methods in the Zoltan package. The
default method is hypergraph partitioning,
which is good at minimizing communication but can be rather expensive to
compute. For a faster method,
try "block".

If you use Isorropia's Redistributor, you don't need to do the
import/export yourself.

Erik