[Trilinos-Users] Mpi issues on compile

Monosij Dutta-Roy monosij.forums at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:48:50 MDT 2010

I am a new Trilinos user and am trying to work through some of the
tutorials.

I am un Ub 10.10 and have isntalled Trilinos 10.0.4 - the latest on Ub. I
can compile the examples on a 64 bit machine Ub 10.10 but not on a 32 bit
machine - I am getting erors as below for the EpetraPowerMethod example:

EpetraPowerMethod.cpp:50: undefined reference to
`Epetra_MpiComm::Epetra_MpiComm(int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [main_prog] Error 1

Again - I am only having problems compiling the Mpi related examples on the
32 bit box, other examples compile fine.

I am wondering if the install on the 32 bit is not good or if I should do
something else for 32 bit. Of course mpic++ is installed.

Thanks.

monosij