[Trilinos-Users] Parallel memory problem in ML?

Paul Dionne pjd at cfdrc.com
Mon Oct 4 08:11:32 MDT 2010

  Hi,

I am new to Trilinos - I just started working with the the
Trilinos/Petsc interface, with Trilinos version 10.4.1 and Petsc 3.0.0.
I started with the Trilinos/Petsc example given at:

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/docs/dev/packages/epetraext/doc/html/epetraext_petsc_cpp.html

and have been modifying it for my testing purposes.  I'm running a
fairly small problem that takes about 0.4% of the machine memory, but
when I run ML in parallel after 20 iterations or so I am up to 100%
memory on all machines.  I have narrowed it down to the ML
preconditioner, and I have also found that if I use Petsc as the
smoother ("-petsc_smoother" option) the problem does not show up.

Is this a known problem?  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Paul Dionne

--
Paul J. Dionne
CFD Research Corporation

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this communication and its attachments is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or reliance on this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify confidentiality at cfdrc.com (256-726-4800) and delete the communication without retaining any copies.