[Trilinos-Users] Tpetra for objects

Qiyang Hu huqy2000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 16:32:57 MDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use Tpetra::MultiVector to serve as a distributed container
for self-defined objects. According to the document, any data type can be
used so long as it implements Teuchos::ScalarTraits and
Teuchos::SerializationTraits. It seems obvious to me for ScalarTraits. But I
failed to implement SerializationTraits. Is there any example code that I
can get some hints on it? Thanks so much in advance!

BTW, I found the Didasko package has a couple of examples with template
specialization of Teuchos::ScalarTraits and Tpetra::MpiTraits for objects.
Is that MpiTraits outdated in Trilinos 10.4?

Best wishes,
Qiyang