[Trilinos-Users] blas/lapack irritation

Kurtis Nusbaum klnusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:57:06 MST 2010

For the longest time now, I've had problems telling Trilinos where to find
my blas and lapack. Here's my configure file:

cmake \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/f07/klnusbau/trilinos10/teuchosBuild \
-DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=gfortran \
-DBLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS=/home/f07/klnusbau/opt/lapack \
-DBLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES=blas \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_DEBUG=ON \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_Teuchos=ON \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_TESTS:BOOL=ON \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_EXAMPLES=ON \
..

When I run cmake I get this:

Getting information for all enabled TPLs ...

-- Processing enabled TPL: BLAS
--   BLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS='/home/f07/klnusbau/opt/lapack'
--   Searching for library 'blas' ...
--     Found BLAS TPL library: /home/f07/klnusbau/opt/lapack/libblas.a
CMake Error at cmake/package_arch/TPLDeclareLibraries.cmake:196 (MESSAGE):
  Error, could not find the BLAS Library! Please manually set
  BLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS and/or BLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES or just TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES to
  point to the BLAS libraries!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/TPLs/FindTPLBLAS.cmake:3 (TPL_DECLARE_LIBRARIES)
  cmake/package_arch/PackageArchGlobalMacros.cmake:693 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:179 (PACKAGE_ARCH_PROCESS_ENABLED_TPLS)

It says it finds blas, but then right after that it says it couldn't find
blas. What's going on?

-Kurtis