[Trilinos-Users] CrsMatrix::Multiply error

Neil N. Carlson nnc at lanl.gov
Mon Nov 1 12:40:53 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 13:35 -0600, Neil N. Carlson wrote:
> >  It looks like your matrix is not square.  In this case, you need to use
> > the
> > version of FillComplete that takes a domainMap and rangeMap argument.  If
> > you pass in cell_map and node_map, respectively, you should be in good
> > shape.
>
> Right, that fixes it!

One thing still puzzles me.  This example defined the structure and
filled the matrix in one go.  My original example first built the graph
and then passed the graph to the matrix constructor.  I can get that
code to work, but only if I pass the domainMap and rangeMap to the
FillComplete calls for the graph *and* the matrix.  I don't understand
why the matrix isn't getting these values directly from the graph.
Perhaps I shouldn't be calling FillComplete for the matrix at all?

-Neil