[Trilinos-Users] Building trilinos-10.0.5 on Intrepid (BGP)

John R Cary cary at colorado.edu
Sun Mar 28 13:14:14 MDT 2010

So I finally got trilinos to build in parallel on BGP, but I had to do several
things:

1. I had to patch both the code in one place (using std) to resolve
and ambiguity, and to figure out the Fortran demangling.  I had tried to do

 SET(F77_FUNC_DEFAULT "(name,NAME) name")
 SET(F77_FUNC__DEFAULT "(name,NAME) name")

but I could not seem to override what was in TrilinosFortranMangling.cmake.

My patch file is attached.  (I as also unable to use the variable,
CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER_ID, which I thought should exist.  Instead I
used CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID.

2. I created a toolchain file (attached).  I had to add the stanza
# Exit codes as needed for cross-compile
set(HAVE_GCC_ABI_DEMANGLE_EXITCODE 0)
set(HAVE_TEUCHOS_BLASFLOAT_EXITCODE 0)
set(CXX_COMPLEX_BLAS_WORKS_EXITCODE 0)

to stop make from complaining that Trilinos was using TryRun in
a cross-compile situation.

Question: in the pre-10 Trilinos, I could get the fortran dependency
libs by grepping them out of, e.g., Makefile.export.aztecoo.  Now
these do not seem to be in any of the Makefile.export.* files.  Is
there another way to get them?

Thx.....John Cary