[Trilinos-Users] Anasazi: Matrix exponential for time evolution ?

David Hochstuhl Davidhochstuhl at web.de
Thu Mar 25 06:35:56 MDT 2010

Thanks for your answers,

yes, I know this "19 dubious way ..." paper, and I know that expokit uses Krylov subspace techniques
to calculate the sparse-matrix exponential times a vector.

I also thought about Crank-Nicolson, but to me it seemed that it wouldn't pay the effort...as a second order scheme.
But maybe I have to think again on that...

The short iterative Lanczos propagator basically features the properties you've mentioned:
its norm conserving and thus stable, and it it a high order method (depending on the size of the Kryolv space).

Well, my hope was, to build something similar basing on Anasazi, but if it isn't possible in an easy way I
shall rely on my hand-written Lanczos code.

I would be glad for further ideas,
thanks
David