[Trilinos-Users] Build problems

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 17 12:47:45 MDT 2010

Neil,

We can't guarantee that every combination of package enable/disable works with Trilinos because we can't test all the (thousands) of combinations.  What I would suggest is that you set:

    -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES=ON

when you configure.

This will enable more packages than you need be we can guarantee that this package set will work because that is what we test.

You can selectively turn off packages with -DTrilinos_ENABLE_PACKAGE=OFF (where PACKAGE = Zoltan, Tpetra, etc) but you run the risk that the code will not configure or build.  If some of these packages don't compile for some reason or you are sure you don't need them, then you can disable packages that you don't want and try it out.  We can fix the combinations that don't work and are critical for your use case.

I don't know what else we can say about this because we can't test all 2^40 (and more) combinations of package and other enables/disables.

Cheers,

- Ross