[Trilinos-Users] Linking against Trilinos 10

Andrew G Salinger agsalin at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 11 09:20:59 MST 2010

Mike,

If you cmake with
  -D Trilinos_ENABLE_Export_Makefiles:BOOL=ON \
and install Trilinos, you will get files like
Makefile.export.Rythmos  installed in the include
directory along with all the headers.

Inside that file, there are makefile variables defined,
including the $(RYTHMOS_LIBRARIES) variable. Since
Rythmos is the probably the top of the food chain
in your case, then this should include all the
libraries in the correct order.

RYTHMOS_LIBRARIES= -lrythmos -llocathyra -llocaepetra -lloca -lnoxthyra
-lnoxepetra -lnox -lphalanx -lintrepid -lFEApp -lsacado -lstokhos
-lanasaziepetra -lanasazi -lstratimikos -lstratimikosbelos
-lstratimikosaztecoo -lstratimikosamesos -lstratimikosml
-lstratimikosifpack -lbelosepetra -lbelos -lml -lifpack -lamesos
-laztecoo -lisorropia -loptipack -lthyraepetraext -lthyraepetra -lthyra
-lepetraext -ltriutils -lglobipack -lshards -lzoltan -lepetra -lrtop
-lteuchos

You can get other info as well, such as the compilers...

This works if you use autconf or raw Makefiles. If your
application uses cmake as well, then our framework team
has just developed an analogous file that defines cmake
variables. This is in the development branch of Trilinos.

Hope this answers your question...
Andy Salinger