[Trilinos-Users] How to get lapack/blas library consistency?

Perschbacher, Brent M bmpersc at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 7 17:14:58 MDT 2010

John,
  I think we are going to need more information to debug this. Can you send your configure script and tell me what kind of a machine you are building on, linux, mac, some cluster, etc. please?

I find it interesting that your link line has -lblas as my machine has always used an absolute path to blas/lapack  whenever I have looked, though I don't build shared too often so that might be the difference.

The fact that your atlas install is the first .conf file loaded is why that is getting picked up for the lapack library since you only have a -llapack and no matching -L for it. It also explains Now how to get around that I'm not 100% certain. I don't think that we have many test machines that have multiple installations of blas and lapack which is why we haven't run into this before. Thankfully it is pretty easy to fake having multiple installations of tpls so we should be able to mock up a testing environment.

I'm assuming that the ifpack tests link and run just fine and that your issue is when you are trying to pull ifpack into your project is that correct? If so can you explain what your project is doing to pull in Trilinos and/or ifpack and how you are setting up your compilers/flags/etc. Sending the files along would be fine too, so long as they aren't so large they get rejected by our email server. If you do send files though you should send them just to me so we don't clog the user list with a lot of files.

Thanks,

Brent