[Trilinos-Users] PyTrilinos and MPI_comm_size error

Scott Askey scotta_2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 19:14:17 MST 2010

When use the Epetra.PyComm() method in both my PyTrilinos version built from source on a Centos 5.4 with openmpi 1.4 (on computer A) and  the packages installed from the debian sid repositories (on computer B) I get the following error with Epetra.PyComm().

The the mpi paths in the cmake file point to the the directory where I installed openmpi.   Are there some mpi parameters that need to be set in the environment to assist the  MPI_comm_size?

V/R

Scott

In [3]: PyTrilinos.version()
Out[3]: 'Trilinos version: 10.0.4\nPyTrilinos version: 4.2'
IPython 0.10 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]: import PyTrilinos

In [2]: PyTrilinos.version
Out[2]: <function version at 0x2837de8>

In [3]: PyTrilinos.version()
Out[3]: 'Trilinos version: 10.0.4\nPyTrilinos version: 4.2'

In [4]: from PyTrilinos import Epetra

In [5]: Epetra.SerialComm()
Out[5]: <PyTrilinos.Epetra.SerialComm; proxy of <Swig Object of type '_p_Epetra_SerialComm' at 0x3007690> >

In [6]: Epetra.PyComm()
*** An error occurred in MPI_comm_size
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
[debian:4438] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed!