[Trilinos-Users] Attempting to use an MPI routine after finalizing MPICH

Tim Stitt stitt at cscs.ch
Mon Jan 11 06:58:03 MST 2010

Dear Trilinos developers/users,

I've recently been relinking a user's code with Trilinos v10.0 and
running into the following error message at runtime:

<snip>
Attempting to use an MPI routine after finalizing MPICH
<snip>

Prior to the relink, the code has been running successfully against
Trilinos v7.0.8.

I've identified that the problem occurs sometime after the following
statement is executed within the code:

<snip>
dynamic_cast<ML_Epetra::MultiLevelPreconditioner*>(Prec)-
 >ComputePreconditioner();
<snip>

I was just wondering if anyone has already encountered this problem
(and solved it), before I invest some time to track it down?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.