[Trilinos-Users] trilinos configure failure using pathscale

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 16 11:23:50 MST 2010

John R. Cary wrote:
> Thanks.  Got past configure.

Great, I've committed the fix to CMake:

  FortranCInterface: Fix PathScale detection again
  /cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/FortranCInterface/my_module_.c,v  <--  Modules/FortranCInterface/my_module_.c
  new revision: 1.2.2.1; previous revision: 1.2

and staged it for inclusion in 2.8.1.

> /opt/mpt/3.5.0/xt/mpich2-pathscale/include/mpicxx.h:26:2: error: #error
> "SEEK_SET is #defined but must not be for the C++ binding of MPI"
[snip]
> Do I do
>
>  CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
>
> to have this flag added into any kind of build?  (DEBUG, RELEASE, etc.)...
>
> Or will this overwrite the other flags?

That should work.  If Trilinos needs other flags it should
be appending to the user-specified (your) value, not replacing.

IMO Trilinos needs to be fixed to define this flag automatically.
This is a separate issue to bring up with developers of Trilinos
proper.

-Brad