[Trilinos-Users] Rythmos 1D FEM example fails to run in parallel

Peles, Slaven Export License Required - US UTRC PelesS at utrc.utc.com
Tue Feb 9 12:08:56 MST 2010

Hi,

I wonder if anyone successfully ran Rythmos 1D FEM example in parallel? (packages/rythmos/example/epetra/1Dfem, version 10.0.4)

I compiled this example on a Linux box with 8 cpu cores. The code runs fine on one cpu; when I run it on 2-4 cpus the results come with a large error compared to the "exact" solution and computation diverges if I try to run it on a larger number of cpus. I tried adaptive BDF and fixed step backward Euler methods, with and without NOX, and with different tolerances, but the same problem occurs.

If anyone has a suggestion how to troubleshoot this, please let me know. Also, let me know if you want me to supply any additional information.

Slaven Peles