[Trilinos-Users] Inquiry about which C++ std library to use when linking Trilinos 10.6 on MacOS (Snow Leopard) with an application using Intel compilers v 11

Aytekin Gel aike at alpemi.com
Wed Dec 22 10:34:58 MST 2010

Thank you Ross for your reply.

It links and creates the executable successfully but the execution fails
complaining about MPI as shown below:

 Time =   0.0000      Dt =  0.20000E-03    CPU time left =     0.000 s

[mackozmik.local:28176] *** An error occurred in MPI_comm_size

[mackozmik.local:28176] *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD

[mackozmik.local:28176] *** MPI_ERR_COMM: invalid communicator

[mackozmik.local:28176] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now
abort)

mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 28176 on

node mackozmik.local exiting without calling "finalize". This may

have caused other processes in the application to be

terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

So I was trying to rule out the warnings during link stage for the cause of
this failure as Jonathan indicated some concern about these warnings. Again
the same source code runs ok on jaguarpg at OLCF so I don't think there is a
problem with the code itself and MPI works ok on the new system (i.e.,
MacBook) because when I run the same executable without using Trilinos
solvers (it uses our own BiCGSTAB implementation) it runs ok with the
installed OpenMPI. Something seems to be happening in Trilinos interface or
beyond.

Thanks,

Aytekin