[Trilinos-Users] Question about Zoltan and the Zoltan_RCB_Box function

M. Scot Breitenfeld brtnfld at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 13 13:27:18 MST 2010

Hi,

I don't understand how to get the correct values for xmin, ymin, xmax,
ymax returned by Zoltan_RCB_Box

When I add the function to the simpleRCB.c in example/C (Trilinos 10.6),
adding:

Zoltan_Set_Param(zz, "KEEP_CUTS", "1");
Zoltan_Set_Param(zz, "NUM_LOCAL_PARTS","3");

and placed Zoltan_RCB_Box after the call to Zoltan_LB_Partition

Running the example on one processor (i.e. I want 3 parts) the output
looks good:

Mesh partition assignments after calling Zoltan
2-----2-----2-----2-----2
|     |     |     |     |
2-----2-----2-----2-----2
|     |     |     |     |
0-----0-----1-----1-----1
|     |     |     |     |
0-----0-----1-----1-----1

but, for example part =1, the xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax is
-DBL_MAX,2,3,-DBL_MAX/,/ why is it not giving the bounding box
coordinates? Is there an additional parameter I need to added? Zoltan
doesn't return any errors. I could not get it to return the correct
values when I remove the NUM_LOCAL_PARTS and ran it on multiple
processors either.

Scot/

/