[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_SerialDenseVector vs. Teuchos::SerialDenseVector

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Sun Aug 1 18:04:29 MDT 2010

> Thus any further development of the SerialDense classes will be done in
Teuchos,

Suggestion for the further development: Adding

  operator+
  operator-

and scalar multiplication. This is now all possible with operator+= and
friends, but I just had to evaluate an expression 'a la

   y = alpha * x1 + beta * x2 + gamma * x3 + delta * x4

where the x{1,2,3,4} are SerialDenseVectors, alpha,.. are scalars and
found the only way to do so

SerialDenseVector y;
x *= alpha;
y += x;
[...]

The code for the new operators would rather go in SerialDense~Matrix~,
though, I guess.

Cheers,
Nico