[Trilinos-Users] Problem Building Trilinos 10.2.0

Nuno Sucena Almeida slug at aeminium.org
Wed Apr 14 16:11:55 MDT 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 05:44:53 pm Ted Kord wrote:
> Hi
>
> Whenever I run my do-configure script, I get the following error:
>
> ===
> Configuring Trilinos build directory
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (MESSAGE):
>   Error,
>   CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR=/home/tedkord/DevelopmentLibraries/TRILINOS/tril
> inos-10.2.0-Source ==
>   CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR=/home/tedkord/DevelopmentLibraries/TRILINOS/tril
> inos-10.2.0-Source Trilinos does not support in source builds!

> ==
>
> The procedure I followed worked on prevous releases. Why does this error
> occur?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ted

Hi Ted,
	you are trying to compile trilinos within the source directory. If you
look inside the CMakelists.txt file, you will see that it compares the build
with the source directory. You should create a new (sub) directory and compile
it from there.
	cd trilinos-10.2.0-Source
	mkdir BUILD && cd BUILD
	./do-configure or whatever script you use to configure the library.
	make
				regards,
							Nuno
--