[Trilinos-Users] patch for EpetraExt / HDF5

Simone Deparis simone.deparis at epfl.ch
Tue Apr 13 08:08:07 MDT 2010

Dear developers,

I would like to propose the following patch for the file
EpetraExt_HDF5.cpp , line 237
(in void EpetraExt::HDF5::Create(const std::string FileName) )

#ifdef HAVE_MPI
  Epetra_MpiComm* MpiComm ( const_cast< Epetra_MpiComm* >
			    ( dynamic_cast<const Epetra_MpiComm*> (&Comm_) ) );
  if (MpiComm == 0)
    // Create property list for collective dataset write.
    H5Pset_fapl_mpio(plist_id_, MPI_COMM_WORLD, MPI_INFO_NULL);
  else
    H5Pset_fapl_mpio(plist_id_, MpiComm->Comm(), MPI_INFO_NULL);

#endif

This is necessary when the communicator used by the HDF5 should not be
the MPI_Common_world but is only a subset.

Best regards
Simone

                                     Simone Deparis, Dr.es Sc.
   .~.                               CMCS - MATHICSE
   /V\   L   I   N   U   X           SB - EPFL
  // \\  =================           CH - 1015 Lausanne
 /(   )\ L   I   F   E   V           Switzerland
  ^^-^^
 phone :  +41 -21 693 2547           mailto:Simone.Deparis at epfl.ch
 fax   :  +41 -21 693 2545           http://mathicse.epfl.ch/~deparis