[Trilinos-Users] ubuntu trilinos package and libml.so

Nuno Sucena Almeida slug at aeminium.org
Thu Apr 8 16:33:01 MDT 2010

On Wednesday 07 April 2010 10:59:51 am Daniel Wheeler wrote:
> Okay, that's possible, I'll look into it. Actually, that is what I
> initially guessed, but I couldn't find libml.so anywhere on the file
> system. I'll check again.

Hi Daniel,

	as I mentioned in the bugreport at

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/trilinos/+bug/462698

the debian package adds a prefix to the library names , to avoid name clashes,
as explained in the README.Debian file, and that's why you cannnot find
libml.so but you will find libtrilinos_ml.so

	A quick fix would be to create a directory with properly named links to
the debian prefixed libraries and add this directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or a
file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d

	I wrote a simple script to do just that, but then I found another
packaging bug, since it also misses to install the libpytrilinos.so library...
	I looked at the source debian/rules file and did a few changes, but then
I coudln't build a package from it.
	Are you able to try the 10.0.x debian package?

								Nuno
--
http://aeminium.org/slug/