[Trilinos-Users] Error in AZ_extract_comm_info

Dorian Krause dorian.krause at lu.unisi.ch
Wed Sep 16 12:41:06 MDT 2009

Hi,

using AztecOO to solve a distributed system, gives me the error

AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after
                   all 1107 local elements

My code looks as follows:

map  = new Epetra_Map(-1, nrows, 0, *communicator);
vecX = new Epetra_Vector(*map);
vecB = new Epetra_Vector(*map);
mat  = new Epetra_CrsMatrix(Copy,*map, /* maximal bandwith */);
/* Insert into matrix */

problem = new Epetra_LinearProblem(mat, vecX, vecB);
solver  = new AztecOO(*problem);

solver->SetAztecOption( AZ_solver, AZ_cg);
solver->SetAztecOption( AZ_precond, AZ_Jacobi);

/* initialize vecX and vecB */

solver->Iterate(maxiter,TOL);

If I understand it correctly the matrix mat created with this code is
distributed rowwise on the vectors, right?
Where might this error come from? I checked that all indices are in
range but I don't know what else I should look at ...

Many thanks in advance,
Dorian