[Trilinos-Users] Problem compiling trilinos in Mac OSX v10.5.7

Artur Palha artur.palha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 19:19:51 MDT 2009

Hello

I am trying to compile trilinos to use it with a software package for
finite elements, called deal.II.

I am using the following config to generate de Makefile:

./configure --cache-file=config.cache CC=/usr/bin/gcc CXX=/usr/bin/g++
F77=/usr/local/bin/gfortran --with-libs="-framework vecLib"
--enable-amesos --enable-epetra --enable-anasazi --enable-examples
--enable-didasko --enable-teuchos --enable-triutils --enable-galeriD
--enable-sacado --enable-rtop --enable-thyra --enable-aztecoo
--enable-shared

I need Trilinos to be compiled as shared libraries, it is required by
deal.II. And these are the packages I need compiled.

If I try this, the Makefile is generated correctly but then, when I
try to compile with:

make everything

I get all normal output but then I get this error:

make[5]: *** No rule to make target
`../../../../packages/thyra/src/interfaces/operator_vector/ana/extended/Thyra_ZeroLinearOpBase.hpp',
needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [everything] Error 2
make: *** [everything] Error 2

This error disappears when I remove --enable-thyra, that is, if I do
not attempt to compile Thyra. But I need Thyra, otherwise deal.II does
not compile.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Regards