[Trilinos-Users] linking on Windows

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 19 15:32:26 MDT 2009

Chris,

Clapack already has the Blas, so you don't need them separately.

I have not seen a performance comparison, but I would be surprised if there was a big difference between the two.

Clapack can use another Blas library. You will eventually want a fast Blas library if:

- you are a heavy GMRES user, since DGEMV is important in this case and the optimized versions are much faster.

- you use block Krylov methods in Belos or Anasazi., which rely on level 3 Blas.

- if you are using Intrepid or Pliris, which rely on DGEMM.

Otherwise, use of the Clapack Blas doesn't have a huge impact on performance.

Mike