[Trilinos-Users] Tpetra: multiple definitions

Chris Baker cgbaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:35:00 MDT 2009

Hi Nico.

The cause of this is that the class Tpetra::Distributor used to be
templated, but is no longer. However, the implementation was never moved out
of the header into a compiled-once library file, so multiple inclusions of
Tpetra_Distributor (which is included by many Tpetra classes) will cause the
Tpetra::Distributor methods to be compiled.

The solution is straightforward. I will get to this right away and send you
a patch. We never noticed this bug because we haven't tried linking multiple
object files.

Thanks,
Chris