[Trilinos-Users] Tpetra::MultiVector replaceMap not found

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Tue Oct 13 06:29:31 MDT 2009

Hi again,

I understand that replaceMap is the preferred way for "resizing"
Tpetra::MultiVectors, but unfortunately I'm running into a problem when using
it.

At link time, GCC complains about

================== *snip* ==================
tpetraTest.o: In function `main':
tpetraTest.cpp:(.text+0x47b4): undefined reference to
`Tpetra::MultiVector<double, int, int,
Kokkos::SerialNode>::replaceMap(Teuchos::RCP<Tpetra::Map<int, int,
Kokkos::SerialNode> const> const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tpetraTest.exe] Error 1
================== *snap* ==================

When looking at the object file, it strikes me that replaceMap is not resolved
to weak symbols just as all the other functions, but remains undefined.

================== *snip* ==================
$ nm -C testTpetra.o | grep replace
[...]
                 U Tpetra::MultiVector<double, int, int,
Kokkos::SerialNode>::replaceMap(Teuchos::RCP<Tpetra::Map<int, int,
Kokkos::SerialNode> const> const&)
0000000000000000 W Tpetra::MultiVector<double, int, int,
Kokkos::SerialNode>::replaceGlobalValue(int, unsigned long, double const&)
[...]

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Nico