[Trilinos-Users] 10.0 CMake problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 5 07:41:16 MDT 2009

Jack Chessa wrote:
> I am having some problems building 10.0 on an intel mac with OSX 10.5.7
>
> I am getting the linking problems
[snip]
> I think I need to add
> -lgfortran to the linking flags, but I am having a hard time finding
> where this is in CMake?

CMake is supposed to automatically add this library.  In fact the whole
purpose of the VerifyFortranC configuration check is to report failure
early if there is a problem using C++ and Fortran together.

Was this a fresh build tree?

Look for a line like

  SET(CMAKE_Fortran_IMPLICIT_LINK_LIBRARIES "...;gfortran;...")

in CMakeFiles/CMakeFortranCompiler.cmake in the build tree.  Does any
such line appear?

-Brad