[Trilinos-Users] NOX warnings

Roger P. Pawlowski rppawlo at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 30 09:31:56 MST 2009

Hi Mohammad,

You can turn off the warnings by removing the warnings option from the
"Printing" parameter sublist.  For example, the following code can be
found in the file Trilinos/packages/nox/test/epetra/1Dfem/1Dfem.C for
setting the output information:

Teuchos::ParameterList& printParams = nlParams.sublist("Printing");
  printParams.set("MyPID", MyPID);
  printParams.set("Output Precision", 3);
  printParams.set("Output Processor", 0);
  if (verbose)
    printParams.set("Output Information",
                 NOX::Utils::OuterIteration +
                 NOX::Utils::OuterIterationStatusTest +
                 NOX::Utils::InnerIteration +
                 NOX::Utils::LinearSolverDetails +
                 NOX::Utils::Parameters +
                 NOX::Utils::Details +
                 NOX::Utils::Warning +
                             NOX::Utils::Debug +
                 NOX::Utils::TestDetails +
                 NOX::Utils::Error);

Remove the line " NOX::Utils::Warning +" and it will disable warnings.

Alternatively, you can redirect all nox output by assigning a different
ostream for output.  NOX accepts two ostreams, one for normal output and
one for errors.  A quick glance through the code shows that warnings are
sent to the normal output stream and not the error stream.  So you will
have to redirect all nox output to the same file if you want to hide the
warnings this way.  All output in nox is controlled by the NOX::Utils
class.  You can find more information here:

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/docs/r10.0/packages/nox/doc/html/classNOX_1_1Utils.html

Roger

--

Roger P. Pawlowski