[Trilinos-Users] New New Bug

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 5 22:06:09 MST 2009

What directory is libamesos.so in?

Is that directory in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable?

What system are you on?

On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:25 PM, Matt G wrote:

> Alright, so I finally vanquished the make and install process, and
> thought that I was home free, alas:
>
> In [1]: from PyTrilinos import Amesos
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent
> call last)
> /homeA/home3/u27/mgoodman/lib/<ipython console> in <module>()
> /home/u27/mgoodman/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyTrilinos/Amesos.py
> in <module>()
>      36 """
>      37
> ---> 38 import _Amesos
>      39 import new
>      40 new_instancemethod = new.instancemethod
>
> ImportError: libamesos.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>

> libamesos.so is definitely in my _local_ lib directory, all the
> tricks I know to change the path and whatnot really cant seem to
> find it though.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks for all the help thus far!
> -Matt
>

> <ATT00001.txt>

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **