[Trilinos-Users] [Pytrilinos-users] Problem During Make

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 3 12:59:13 MST 2009

Try adding

   CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC FFLAGS=-fPIC

to your configuration line.  This is indeed an issue that will be
resolved with the new CMake build system.

On Mar 3, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Bartlett, Roscoe A wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> How did you run make?  Did you run it in serial or in parallel (i.e.
> did you add -jN or nothing)?  If you ran in serial it looks like
> this is link problem with creating shared libraries in PyTrilinos.
> I don't know how portable that is with PyTrilinos and the current
> autotools system.  I will leave that the the PyTrilinos developers
> to answer.
>
> This type of problem might go away in the up coming CMake build
> system for Trilinos that natively supports shared libraries.  (But
> that will not help you with Trilinos 9.0.x).
>
> - Ross

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **