[Trilinos-Users] Question about the Aztec00 interface

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 24 13:31:34 MDT 2009

Harry,

AztecOO expects option 1.  The precise answer is that the map of X must match the domain map of A and the map of B must match the range map of A.

Mike

On 6/24/09 1:07 PM, "Moffat, Harry K" <hkmoffa at sandia.gov> wrote:

When solving
      AX =b
with Aztec00, what type of Epetra_MultiVector objects do you have to feed into the Azcte00 constructor?

1  Can you feed in X and B objects whose Epetra_Maps objects consist of  just owned elements?
2  Can you feed in X and B objects whose Epetra_Maps consist of  just owned and "ghost" elements? i.e., ghost elements are elements which are needed to complete the columns of A.
3  Can you feed in X which consists of elements and ghost elements and B which consists of just owned elements.

The question comes about because I didn't see this answered in the doxygen documentation for Aztec00. And, I'm getting some squirrelish behavior that I can't seem to track down.

Thanks in advance,
Harry Moffat