[Trilinos-Users] trilinos and CUDA

Pita, Jorge A jorge.pita at aramco.com
Tue Jul 28 06:54:12 MDT 2009

Hi Gianluca,

I did not find any iterative linear solver that we could take directly off-the-shelf for our Tesla GPU system, so we have been developing our own preconditioned conjugate-gradient algorithms for GPGPU for internal use only. The www.nvidia.com CUDA site has info on some preconditioned conjugate-gradient solvers, but there was nothing there that we could use directly for our reservoir simulator development, since they were limited to scalar variables only (one unknown per block). Depending on your needs, you may want to check the CUDA applications anyway at the NVIDIA site to see if you find a match.

Regards,
Jorge.

Jorge A. Pita, Ph.D.
Computational Modeling Technology Team