[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos, Spectral Methods, Fast Fourier Transforms

Daniele Avitabile d.avitabile at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:27:11 MDT 2009

Hi all,
I am embarking into a project where the use of Spectral Methods seems to be
a natural choice. Before starting to code, I would like to know if anybody
has ever used Spectral Methods with Trilinos.

I am not aware of any Trilinos packages implementing Fourier or Chebyshev
transforms, but I would be grateful if you have any suggestions as to how to
perform Fast Fourier (Chebishev) Transforms starting from Epetra_Vectors.

As of now, I am thinking of taking an Epetra_Vector, bring all its content
on the root process, turn it into a standard vector and then call the
Fortran FFTs, but I am pretty sure there must be a quicker and more elegant
way to do FFTs in parallel, with C++ codes.

Any suggestions?

Best.

Daniele