[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos + HDF5 compilation errors

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Mon Jul 27 14:22:32 MDT 2009

Hi,

another follow-up on the HDF5 matter, now on configuring Trilinos *10* with
HDF5 support when the libraries do not sit in standard locations.

Somewhere in CMakesLists it is stated

"Enable EpetraExt interface support for HDF5. This interface requires an
already installed HDF5 library\; the include, the library path and the library
name must be specified as well.

Now, *how* to specify the paths, then? I'm really running out of guesses.
Hint: It is *not*

      -D EpetraExt_USING_HDF5:BOOL=ON \
          -D HDF5_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING=hdf5 \
          -D HDF5_LIBRARY_DIRS:FILEPATH=/path/to/hdf5/lib \
          -D HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS:FILEPATH=/path/to/hdf5/include

Comments greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Nico

PS. This is the kind of (apparently) missing documentation in Trilinos 10 that
I mentioned in my feedback mail last week.