[Trilinos-Users] Sacado reverse mode

Nikhil Kriplani nkriplani at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:35:05 MST 2009

Hi,

About the reverse mode in Sacado: Does it use a temporary buffer or
tape like some AD packages (like ADOL-C) do when operating in reverse
mode or does it perform code evaluations everytime the function is
called, for example in a loop? I am somewhat familiar with ADOL-C and
I know that when there is a branch switch detected in ADOL-C, the tape
is recreated.

I couldn't find any documentation on Sacado apart from looking at code
examples. Is there a place I can get some documentation and usage
tips?

Thanks,
Nik