[Trilinos-Users] aliasing in Epetra/Ifpack/NOX

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 23 05:31:22 MST 2009

Jonas,

In the detailed documentation for ApplyInverse, you will see that any implementation must support the case where X and Y are the same:

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/docs/r9.0/packages/epetra/doc/html/classEpetra__Operator.html#z381_1

Is this what you mean?

Mike

On 2/23/09 3:51 AM, "Jonas Thies" <J.Thies at rug.nl> wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing some trouble with user-defined preconditioners.
Is it possible that a call to Epetra_Operator::ApplyInverse(x,y) is
actually called with the same vector, ApplyInverse(x,x)? Do I have to
check for that case in my implementations? I know that the C++ standard
allows aliasing, but I still favor the fortran way...

thanks,
Jonas