[Trilinos-Users] intel compiler problems

Baker, Christopher G. bakercg at ornl.gov
Tue Dec 8 12:20:27 MST 2009

I don't have any experience with this problem...

However, a very quick work-around to get you going again would be:

 1.  after the build failure, navigate to the triutils directory where this fails: packages/triutils/src
 2.  execute: make VERBOSE=1 Trilinos_Util_CrsMatrixGallery.cpp.o
 3.  the command should result in failure, but it will be printed to the command line. copy-paste it, changing the O2 or O3 to O1, and re-issue.
 4.  if all goes as intended, you should be able to go to the top of the build tree and run "make" for a finished Trilinos build (assuming this compiler bug doesn't pop up somewhere else).

This is a little tedious for regular use, but if you simply need a Trilinos installation to work from, this should get you past this (Intel?) bug and working again, without having to downgrade your whole Trilinos build to O1 or O0.

Chris