[Trilinos-Users] intel compiler problems

Micah Andrew Howard Micah.Howard at Colorado.EDU
Tue Dec 8 11:36:13 MST 2009

I recently ran into the same issue when building trilinos 9.0.3 with the
11.1 build 056 64-bit Intel compilers on Linux.  Giving it the -O2 or
-O3 optimization flags causes the problem, however -O1 seems to be fine
(though I don't like this because it's the -O3 optimization that I
want).

I haven't had any problems compiling trilinos with the 10.1 Intel
compilers in the past, so it seems to be specific to the 11.x versions.

I'm considering trying the latest version available from Intel
(11.1.059) and hoping they might have fixed the bug or giving the 11.0.x
version a try to see if the problem is specific to the 11.1.x compilers.

Has anyone been successful compiling trilinos with any 11.x version of
the Intel compilers on a 64-bit Linux system?

Thanks,
Micah