[Trilinos-Users] intel compiler problems

Kurtis Nusbaum klnusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:17:21 MST 2009

I was trying to compile Trilinos 10.0.2 today and I'm getting a strange
error that I don't understand. It has to do with the Triutils package.
Here's the error message I'm getting:

[ 31%] Building CXX object
packages/triutils/src/CMakeFiles/triutils.dir/Trilinos_Util_CrsMatrixGallery.cpp.o
/home/f07/klnusbau/beefy/trilinos/trilinos-10.0.2-Source/packages/triutils/src/Trilinos_Util_CrsMatrixGallery.cpp(2693)
(col. 7): internal error: 0_1451
compilation aborted for
/home/f07/klnusbau/beefy/trilinos/trilinos-10.0.2-Source/packages/triutils/src/Trilinos_Util_CrsMatrixGallery.cpp
(code 4)
make[2]: ***
[packages/triutils/src/CMakeFiles/triutils.dir/Trilinos_Util_CrsMatrixGallery.cpp.o]
Error 4
make[1]: *** [packages/triutils/src/CMakeFiles/triutils.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did some poking around on google and from what I gathered I think there
actually might be something wrong with the intel compiler. But I can't say
for sure. Does anyone have some advice or know what might be happening?
Please see below for some details on my system and compile options. Also,
when I compile with the exact same options except with gcc, everything seems
to work. The problem appears to be specific to when I use the intel
compiler.

-Kurtis

CMake configuration file:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/f07/klnusbau/trilinos10/beefyBuild \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES=ON \
-DAZ_ENABLE_TIMEMONITOR=ON \
-DTrilinos_ENABLE_Fortran=OFF \
-DTPL_ENABLE_MPI=OFF \
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=icc \
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=icpc ..

Using 64 bit intel compiler for linux, version 11.1 on 64bit fedora core 11
with linux kernel 2.6.30.8-64