[Trilinos-Users] Using NOX to solve nonlinear problem with analytic Jacobian

Roger Pawlowski rppawlo at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 28 10:57:42 MDT 2009

Hi David,

How big is the system you want to solve?  If it is small enough to use
direct solvers, then you can probably use the lapack support.  A simple
example with an analytic Jacobian is in
nox/examples/lapack/NOX_SimpleExamples/Rosenbrock.C.  If you are looking
for large-scale parallel nonlinear solvers, you will need the epetra
support.  An example of a parallel 1D finite element problem with an
analytic Jacobian is in nox/test/epetra/1Dfem/1DfemScaled.C.

Roger Pawlowski