[Trilinos-Users] Building Trilinos with MS Visual Studio

Maxwell Carey mcarey at txcorp.com
Thu Apr 9 13:44:40 MDT 2009

Dan Erik Petersen wrote:
> I just recently managed to build a good deal of packages from Trilinos
> and I just wanted to post back my results with getting it up and
> running on Windows XP using Visual Studio Express 2008. Besides this,
> I have installed Intel's MKL 10.0 for fast BLAS and LAPACK routines.
> Keep in mind that I'm building a pre-release version of Trilinos with
> better CMake support.
>
> I have condensed things into two files : one is the configure script
> to call cmake with, and is placed within the cmake directory at the
> root of the Trilinos expanded tarball.

Thanks Dan for the CMake script...that provides a good start for me.
However, when I run it (after updating the paths for my machine), CMake
complains that the variables TRILINOS_BLAS_LIBRARY and
TRILINOS_LAPACK_LIBRARY are not set:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND. Please set them or make sure they are set and
tested correctly in the CMake files:
TRILINOS_BLAS_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "teuchos" in directory
C:/trilinos-9.0.2/packages/teuchos/src
    linked by target "epetra" in directory
C:/trilinos-9.0.2/packages/epetra/src

TRILINOS_LAPACK_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "teuchos" in directory
C:/trilinos-9.0.2/packages/teuchos/src
    linked by target "epetra" in directory
C:/trilinos-9.0.2/packages/epetra/src

Also, will this method work with Trilinos 9.0? As far as I can tell,
most packages in this release don't contain cmake directories or
CMakeLists.txt files.

--Max Carey