[Trilinos-Users] Building Trilinos with MS Visual Studio

Dan Erik Petersen dan.erik.petersen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:16:59 MDT 2009

Hi fellow Trilinos users (and developers) -

I just recently managed to build a good deal of packages from Trilinos
and I just wanted to post back my results with getting it up and
running on Windows XP using Visual Studio Express 2008. Besides this,
I have installed Intel's MKL 10.0 for fast BLAS and LAPACK routines.
Keep in mind that I'm building a pre-release version of Trilinos with
better CMake support.

I have condensed things into two files : one is the configure script
to call cmake with, and is placed within the cmake directory at the
root of the Trilinos expanded tarball. The second is a list of what
files I went into and modified in order to get things to compile. I
hope this is reproducible, and my greatest hope is that one day
Trilinos builds on Windows using Visual Studio out-of-the-box =)

Happy holidays,

Dan;