[Trilinos-Users] Building with Microsoft Visual Studio

Dan Erik Petersen dan.erik.petersen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:41:29 MDT 2009

Hi Max -

I have been interested in building Trilinos on Windows, and have
managed it using MS Visual Studio Express. Unfortunately, you are
correct in that it needs modification of the source code. It seems
that the source code is geared towards using Intel's C++ compiler, and
not the MSVC compiler.

I had problems with ML also - and it necessitated the removal of any
references to "unistd.h" and the related functions which are called
(gethostname, for example).

I have the configure file I used to call CMake with the proper
options, if you are interested.

It needs to be said though, that I used an experimental release of
upcoming CMake build system that will be included in Trilinos. I am
looking forward for the release also.

Dan;