[Trilinos-Users] ML hangs

Jonas Thies J.Thies at rug.nl
Thu Sep 25 02:29:15 MDT 2008

Hi Ray,

I managed to produce a hang with a 3-level hierarchy where I use
"symmetric Gauss-Seidel" (from Ifpack) on level 0, "do-nothing" on level
1 and Amesos-KLU on level 3. I also got a hang with Aztec's ILUT
smoother recently.
What they all have in common is that someone waits for a message never
posted in the function

      Epetra_MpiDistributor::DoWaits

whereupon the rest gets stuck at whatever MPI call comes next, I guess.

regards,
Jonas