[Trilinos-Users] Received elements must be stored after all x local elements

Daniele Bettella sunriis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 01:23:31 MDT 2008

Hi, I'm having a problem with AztecOO:
when initializing the aztecoo object the error written in the subject pops
out.
I'm translating a sparse matrix from another format by hand; let's say I
have the following nonzeros in a 3x3 matrix:
A(0,0), A(0,2), A(1,0), A(2,1), A(2,2)

what I do is create a map with the number of rows (3)

Epetra_Map gmap(nrows, 0, comm)

then I do

Epetra_CrsMatrix newA(Copy, gmap, ncols)

I then insert the elements by hand, cycling through the rows. Using MPI and
more then one process I divide the matrix to be translated in partitions of
rows, assigned to each process as per map definition.

With the example matrix written above I get the error
AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after all 2 local
elements

 but if I add an element in position A(1,1), obtaining a matrix with a main
diagonal of nonzeros, the error disappears.

Any clue would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Daniele