[Trilinos-Users] [Trilinos-Bugs] Request of information

Luca Heltai luca.heltai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:06:55 MDT 2008

Dear Bartlett,

I'm experimenting a little with unconstrained optimization and the
EpetraModelEvaluator, but I don't seem to be able to specify a working
model with no constraints.

I set the InArgs as:

EpetraExt::ModelEvaluator::InArgs
SwimmerModelEvaluator::createInArgs() const
{
     InArgsSetup inArgs;
     inArgs.setModelEvalDescription(this->description());
     inArgs.set_Np(1);
     inArgs.setSupports(IN_ARG_x,false);
     return inArgs;
}

and the OutArgs as:

EpetraExt::ModelEvaluator::OutArgs
SwimmerModelEvaluator::createOutArgs() const
{
     OutArgsSetup outArgs;
     outArgs.setModelEvalDescription(this->description());
     outArgs.set_Np_Ng(1,1);
     return outArgs;
}

When I run the model, I get the following:

Exception on processing:
/usr/local/trilinos-8.0.5/packages/thyra/src/interfaces/nonlinear/
model_evaluator/ana/fundamental/Thyra_ModelEvaluatorBase.hpp:2275:

Throw number = 1

Throw test that evaluated to true: !this->supports(arg)

Thyra::ModelEvaluatorBase::OutArgs<Scalar>::assert_supports(arg):

model =
'Thyra
::EpetraModelEvaluator
{epetraModel
=
'SwimmerModelEvaluator
',W_factory='Thyra::AmesosLinearOpWithSolveFactory{solverType=Klu}'}':

Error, The argument arg = OUT_ARG_f is not supported!
Aborting!

I could not find any of the examples you mention for unconstrained
problems....

Could you please point me to the correct documentation?

Thanks in advance.

Luca.

--
Luca Heltai <luca.heltai at gmail.com>