[Trilinos-Users] [Trilinos-Bugs] Request of information

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Mon Sep 8 08:52:21 MDT 2008

Michele,

The MOOCHO package (Trilinos/packages/moocho) can solve general non-convex nonlinear unconstrained optimization problems using a BFGS line-search method.  I think the general optimization community believes that BFGS is more robust and more efficient than nonlinear CG in general anyway.  There are several examples in MOOCHO for unconstrained problems.

Cheers,

- Ross